Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Granville Island's Waterfront at Night

Friday was more than overcast.  We could see rain to the south, north and west, yet we were spared.  On a whim, I joined a "meetup" group interested in photographing Vancouver.  Since the meeting had been called less than 24 hours before the event (because another event needed to be rescheduled), I got in.  We met at Bridges at 7:30, took a group photo, and then slowly broke off into groups of 2, 3, 4, 6 and eventually disappeared.  Within hours, selected photos began to appear of the group's site.  Here are some of the scenes that caught my fancy.


This business lady's work seems to have concluded.  She was waiting for the little water taxi to take her from the Granville Island Market to her next destination.  I would guess that several thousand people ride these water taxis in the good weather.



Reflections quickly became an interesting theme, whether upside down (as they appear in real life) or reversed.




This rather long time exposure makes it seem as though the sun is still up, but it set perhaps 40 minutes earlier.






Returning to my car, I saw the taxi cabs waiting for the theatre to conclude.